Wednesday, November 10, 2010

You've Found... Elegant Decay #15!

Share


There are a lot of things that inspire me - a simple act of kindness; a song that makes my toes tingle; a great sentence in a book.  Oh, and  Aleah + Nick Valley of Valley & Co. They aren't just the brains behind today's Blog Around the World: Elegant Decay scavenger hunt.  They are also the designers and stylists of the photos you are going to gasp and "ohh" and "ahh" over.  I know - incredible! 


So dig into this scrumptiously gorgeous image. I mean really, can't you just taste those crumbs!? Don't they just signify that a good time was had by all?! And listen - I love wedding cake. But I also love those non-traditional desserts that make guest appearances.  Especially when they land on tables that are just as beautiful as the food being served. And once I finish the yumminess - I can hit the dance floor and feel no guilt whatsoever about what I just devoured! 


I know I know. You want to see the picture.  I totally get it - I can't stop staring at it. But first...


A word from Aleah + Nick

We’re  Aleah + Nick Valley of Valley & Co. and we’re so excited to partner with some of our most favorite blogosphere friends for this Blog Around the World: Elegant Decay post! Today you’re invited to a worldwide scavenger hunt on these awesome blogs where you’ll find snippets of our Elegant Decay photo shoot, designed to show off the after effects of a celebration: fun! We all spend so long putting together amazing designs and tablescapes for our couples, and this shows off the end result {and the most important element}: enjoyment. We hope you enjoy this – thank you to all of our friends for participating and be sure to visit these other fabulous blogs for more photos, ideas, tips, and fun!




Design + styling and JOY cards: Aleah + Nick Valley of Valley & Co. www.valleyandco.com
Photography: Jeremy Leffel:
www.jeremyleffel.com
Floral design: Anne Bradfield of Floressence:
www.floressencedesign.com
Crystal and marble decorative candle accents: vintage pieces from Nick's mom
Venue, dessert, and drinks: Palace Ballroom by Tom Douglas:
www.tomdouglas.com
Linens: Choice Linens:
www.choicelinens.com
Chairs, silverware, and china: AA Party Rentals:
www.aapartyrents.com 


Continue on your journey - but make sure to sit back and take in each picture. That's the point of this Blog Around the World! Enjoyment and inspiration.  


Check out these great gals (the #TWIPS on Twitter) - and their awesome blogs - to see the rest of the stunning images, decor inspiration and table-scape tips.  


Happy hunting! 
(listed in order of appearance, happening in 15 minute increments)

15 comments:

  1. Thank you so much, Kimmy! You are the sweetest! We totally love non-traditional wedding desserts like this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mmmm... I can tell this just tastes delicious! I want the leftovers. What an idea... this trip around the world has been so much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. A good time was definitely had and tasted at this table! That dessert looks just divine!

    ReplyDelete
  4. that is definitely not my plate...the dessert & all the crumbs would be GONE! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh. YUM. I am so with you about non-traditional desserts, esp if they look like this!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yum! I don't even know what that is but it looks delicious! I love fun/unique desserts!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Mmmmm dessert yummy and such a wonderful memory!

    Come and enter my New Giveaway from Empress of the Eye. You will love it!

    xoxo
    Karena
    Art by Karena

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my goodness - my stomach literally just growled! Yum!

    ReplyDelete
  9. gorgeous dessert! I agree - I'll take a non-traditional wedding dessert any day!

    ReplyDelete