Monday, February 22, 2010

First Me, Then We, Now Us

Share

I was single throughout most of high school.  I was single throughout almost all of college.  And the five years I lived in NYC? Well, I was unattached for three of them.  Needless to say, I had mastered the art of being single in a city.


And then, at the age of 25, I became un-single.  And so I stopped stressing about never meeting anyone and started freaking out about all that relationship stuff I had never really had to deal with before.  Is he my boyfriend? When can I call him my boyfriend? Do I want to call him my boyfriend?


And then, when that was settled, it was all of a sudden, Are we going to move in together? Are we going to get engaged? Are we EVER going to get engaged? What if he NEVER proposes?


Needless to say, he put a ring on it.  And now, now all that intermittent relationship stress is replaced by all this wedding stress, and "our future" stress.  


But one thing I didn't have, but now do have, when dealing with all these Me-We-Us moments, is a sparkly little distraction.  And all I have to do is look down at my left finger to replace an "ARGH!" situation with an "OMG I'M ENGAGED!" and things start looking a little bit more rosy.

No comments:

Post a Comment